Sunday, 27 November 2016

Blogging needs a strategy


“I’ve had a website up and running for over three years. Last year I put up a blog because everyone said it was the way of the future. I haven’t created more than a dozen posts in the last 14 months. Today I’m really wondering why I have any of this at all. I’m not getting any leads from the site, and I really don’t know why I’m spending the monthly hosting fees to keep it all up and running. What do I do next?”


Could you have written this note? 
I’ve chatted with half dozen business owners over the past week that essentially said the same thing to me.

The problem is they do tiny steps that when you put them all together will never fit together as a solid marketing strategy.

If you’ve been in business for a while now, you know a thing or two about marketing. You’ve found something that works, and you keep using it. If its mailing postcards, you mail one out every month. If it’s advertising in a magazine, you run an ad month after month.

No matter what you do, I’m willing to bet you have put numbers to it, and know how well its working for your business.

The problem with blogging is people jump at it without a true purpose for it, set it up on their site, blog a few times, get bored and abandon the entire idea

You have to know your outcome before you design your strategy. And if blogging is a part of that strategy, you have to follow through to get the most out of it you can.

First of all, decide why you want to be online in the first place. Then list the things you hope to accomplish by being online.

Your Steps:
1. Design a website that attracts new customers.
2. Create a way for people to follow me online.
3. Build up my expertise using online resources.
4. Reach out to clients outside of my normal networking area.
5. Build up a following so I can generate income on a more regular basis.


Now that you have motivating factors of why you want to be online, it’s easier to put exact strategies to work.

For example, if I know I want to build up my expertise using online resources, its easier for me to take the time to connect up with people through my blog, and through social networking sites



My end goal is exposure. My end goal is to have a buzz in the online world, and connect up with people that can help take my business to another level. I now have my reason, and it’s easier for me to write every day.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...